Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Faith and Laughter

There she stands in the shadows listening. What the visitors have to say is well...funny. Who in their right mind would or could have a child at her age? She couldn't help herself. She. Laughed.

But the Lord always, always does what He says He will do...even when we laugh,and Sarah gave birth to a son and named him Isaac. The one who makes me laugh.

I read the quote this morning in the Christmas devotional.

You have as much laughter as you have faith.--Martin Luther

Could this be true? Does great, gut splitting laughter come from those who have great faith? 

She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.--Proverbs 31:25

Honestly I don't laugh much when I look into the future. In my book the future equals fear. It's better for me not to go there. This woman is Proverbs is different...she laughs at the days to come. Isn't this the very definition of faith...being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see. Laughter might just be an indicator of our faith.

Martin Luther said, "The gospel is nothing less than laughter and joy". He's right. The gospel is not just good news. It's GREAT news! News that fills us with joy and overflows in laughter.

So tell me, when is the last time you laughed? Really laughed? Like tears streaming down your face, mascara running, belly hurting laugh? If you haven't in a while now is the time. Laugh at a child's silly antics, or your friend's story telling. Laugh because you can...because it is good for your soul.

Every single time it comes across my news feed I laugh. I just can't help myself. 


May your day be filled with faith, joy...and laughter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment